Friday, February 19, 2010

Renee Mignosa: Chapman University film student dreams of own production company





Renee Mignosa (Photo: Renee Mignosa)


Renee Mignosa has produced a student film at Chapman University in Los Angeles, she acts in independent films, she wants to own an independent production company, and it all stems back to CMT.

When she was 11, Renee saw CMT’s Annie. I turned to my mother and said ‘I can do that.’” And she did, in numerous performances, from Oklahoma (1994) to The Who’s Tommy (1997). Her favorite role was Lina Lamont in Singin’ in the Rain. She still remembers the excitement of being onstage as the squeaky-voiced diva.

Her CMT experience enabled her to win an acting scholarship to Pace University and entrance into the Atlantic Theater Company in New York, founded by David Mamet and William H. Macy.

“CMT is the best thing that could have happened to me as a child growing up. It taught me so much about acting and myself and prepared me for the New York stage,” said Renee.

No comments:

Post a Comment